Lately, we have spent a bit of time at our Lodge near Cusco: Andean Spirit Lodge.
As a child, I loved visiting my granny as she spoilt me rotten! We try our best to give you the very same sensation at our place: a paradise in nature which provides a supportive environment for you to recharge your batteries and be pampered by us with great home cooked food (all veggie of course!). Here are some more reasons why your stay at the Andean Spirit Lodge will be an unforgettable one:
• Great location in the middle of nature in the warm Limatambo Valley, the ideal base for visiting the Condor viewpoint of Chonta, Mount Salkantay, Choquequirao, Tarawasi and other locations of interest nearby
• Great views of the snowy peak of Mount Humantay
• 2 ha of garden with some wild dry forest parts with trails
• Great for birders, there are two rare endemic owls to be found in the garden: Buff-fronted Owl and Koepcke’s Screech Owl, as well as Groove-billed Anis, Black-backed Grosbeaks, White-bellied Hummingbirds, Andean Pygmy Owls and other species to be found on the premises
Buff-fronted owl photographed by recent guests
Koepcke’s Screech Owl photographed by recent guests (courtesy of Angie Cedarlund)
• Comfortable bungalows built in Andean style, blending in with the environment
• Fantastic vegetarian meals with fresh ingredients from the organic fruit and vegetable garden
• Enjoy SLOW foods: home baked bread, homemade vegetable and fruit jams, chutneys
• Relaxing lounge with sitting areas, hammocks, and a nice soul warming log fire in the evening, bar service on request
• Optional Yoga classes and meditation in the middle of Nature! The Yoga Hall is set apart in a quiet spot in the garden, disturbed only by the presence of manifold hummingbirds.
• Yoga holidays and Retreats
• Facilities for hosting your own Yoga Retreat/workshop